SOFTWARE - MATERIALISE
Materialise is a leader in Additive Manufacturing (also known as 3D Printing) and our aim is a better and healthier world.
Materialise is helping bring great ideas to life. We work with others to put great products aimed at niche markets directly into the marketplace as well as helping make the prototypes of products later manufactured by the millions. What’s more, through our software, we enable others to do the same with their own AM equipment and services.
Magics, the most powerful STL editor
Magics, a user-friendly data preparation software package and STL editor, can guide you through every step of your RP or AM workflow:
1. Import FIles
With Magics, you can import nearly all file formats and native color information, and stay in control of your original data.
2. Fix and Prepare STL Files
The STL editor in Magics allows you to correct problems, as well as create watertight data and shortcuts to suit your workflow. And all in a user-friendly interface. File fixing includes repair of flipped or broken triangles, bad edges, holes and other defects in your stl files.
3. Enhance and Edit Data
With the Magics STL editor, you can also take your designs to the next level: add logos, serial numbers, and hollow parts; apply textures; and perform Boolean operations and advanced cuts.
4. Prepare the Platform
Magics has the tools you need to duplicate parts, orient parts in an ideal way, and create no-build zones.
5. Print Better Parts
Magics ensures you print only the best parts. It allows you to view slices, detect collisions, save platforms, and generate useful reports.
Magics, inside your organisation:
Magics18, Cutting-Edge Technology
Out Now: Magics18. With enhanced tools and modules, Magics is more cutting edge than ever!
For this latest release, Materialise’s software developers are offering up a whole range of exciting new functionalities, including expanded measurement options with built-in ISO standard tolerances.
With Magics18, we are also proud to introduce:
New and Improved Cutting Tools
- Easily define teeth on polyline cuts.
- Move points to the perfect position and delete redundant points.
- Zoom in on critical areas.
- Plus many more easy-to-use next generation possibilities!
Enhanced Surface to Solid Functionality
- Produce a second surface with straight edges.
- Close holes automatically. No manual fixing required.
Improved Wall Thickness Analysis
- Use gradient colors to provide a clearer view and quicker interpretation.
Expanded Reporting Options
- Create a 3D PDF of your part and share your files more easily.
Magics18 - Recommended System Requirements
- Intel Core 2 Quad, Intel Core i7
- AMD Phenom II X4/ X6 at 2.8 GHz or higher
- 8 GB or higher
- Win 32-bit system
- 1 GB of free disk space for Magics; 850 MB of free disk space for Windows
- Win 64-bit system
- 2GB of free disk space for Windows 64-bit (.NET Framework 4.0)
- 1280 x 1024 resolution or higher
- 32-bit color depth (True color)
- ‘NVidea GeForce’ or ‘ATI/AMD Radeon’
- DirectX 9 compatible video card
- At least 1 GB of memory
- At least a memory interface width of 256-bit
- 'NVidia Quadro', 'ATI/AMD FireGL' or any 'Intel' gpu chipset are not recommended
- Magics 18 runs only on:
- Windows XP SP3 (32bit/64bit)
- Windows Vista SP2 (32bit/64bit)
- Windows 7 (32bit/64bit)
- Windows 8 (32bit/ 64bit)
Magics 18 will not run on:
- Windows 98
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP Home
- Windows Server Editions
Magics does not run natively on Mac OS X.
Magics does not run natively on Linux, or any other operating system not listed above.
Virtualization systems such as VMWare are not recommended.